Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Barn Love...



No I'm not talking about Barnhouse, although, love those guys too! I'm talking about actual barns...







You see, one of the things I love about living in the Midwest, is the fact that there are these beautiful, old barns everywhere...





Often tucked in amongst the new construction homes and modern amenities of a busy community. Sometimes, seemingly all but forgotten...








All of these barns are minutes from my house...and no, I don't live in the middle of a corn field!





They are, what I think, to be a special part of living here in Illinois. I have often secretly dreamed of having property with a barn of my own...but I wouldn't use it for chickens or farm equipment...I'd use it to throw a good old-fashioned party! Maybe something like this...














{party photos from Country Living and Southern Living}


I guess for now I'll keep dreaming about my own barn, all the while appreciating the ones around me...



Tracey