Monday, July 27, 2009

My Sunday afternoon...



I was in need of a little time to myself yesterday (all week with 3 little ones will do that to you), so I decided to take a stroll through the art fair in nearby Geneva, IL. My afternoon started, as is customary, with one of these...











Then it was time to check out the art and the lovely shops. I thought I would share a few pictures from an interesting store that just opened, after relocating and going through renovations...Artemisia was a unique mix of antiques from around the world. The vibe was somewhat industrial, with lots of wood, iron, and statuary. Not all of it was my style, but I found it quite interesting anyway (the lighting was a bit funky in some of the rooms, so bare with me).
































There were some very beautiful religious inspired pieces of jewelry and I am in love with the cuff bracelet above! I guess I'll have to start saving my pennies!! (my husband would tell me to give up my daily latte, but that's just not going to happen).





Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend...





Tracey

15 comments:

Jeanneoli said...

What a beautiful shop! The cuff is lovely.

Jill said...

Oh, looks like my kind of store!!

Kasey said...

hello cutie...just checking in from the airport. so glad they are finally open...
xo

It' an Evolution said...

I almost ended up there yesterday since I missed Sandwich...that would have been a hoot.
Glad to see they are open.
Take care
Janet

jill said...

Tracey,

Thanks for the kind comments you left on my blog.
Your blog is lovely too.

Jill00

Jackie said...

Hi Tracey - what a beautiful shop that is! Love that bracelet too! Thanks for your really sweet comment on my blog - it made my day!! xo

Tara said...

What a fun shoppe, I would love to linger there for an afternoon..thank you for sharing, the photos are lovely!

Lissa said...

what a great shop! I would love it there!

alicew said...

What a great place...I am jealous...we don't have anything like it in my neck of the woods :( That cuff is amazing!

koralee said...

We all need some "me" time...and yours looked like my type of "me" time...beautiful store and I agree the cuff bracelet is amazing! Thanks for your comment and I am off to check out some of your past posts...see what I have been missing on your so lovely blog!

traci said...

i would start saving for that cuff too. gorgeous. looks like a great shop. will have to stop in some day.

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

That shop looks amazing! I'm off to see how far away Geneva, IL is. :)

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Tracey, yes, I would love that beautiful inspiring cuff bracelet as well... lovely post...

paige said...

oh my....i want it all, seriously!!
i especially love the bracelet too...good luck on the piggy bank savings!

Simply Me Art said...

Well you could have just dropped me off at this store for the whole day! Wow.. Don't give up the Latte a day, we all need some little vice right? Beautiful Cuff bracelet too. I made a ring similar a long time ago, with the Virgin Mary surrounded by rhinestones. That Cuff is Gorgeous. Jamie