Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Things I Love...Part I

As promised, I am practicing, practicing, practicing with my new camera. So, I thought it would be fun to take some pics around the house of the things that I love. You know, those "little" things that make your heart go pitter patter...


Skeleton Keys

I happen to mention one day to my father-in-law that I liked old keys, particularly skeleton keys. After disappearing to the basement for a few minutes, he returned with 2 very large metal rings with plenty of rusty skeleton keys dangling from them. My eyes widened, then he asked if I would like to have them. Are you kidding me?...heck ya I want them! When I got home I counted them, and there were 85!!!









Old Birdcages

This one sits out in my garden...










Vintage Buttons

Yes in deed, these are thanks to the in-laws again (let me tell you girls, you would have a field day in that basement of theirs)...










Vintage Jewelry

Sweet little pendant. There will be more to come in this category, I have no doubt...








Old Script

I love anything with old script - letters, postcards, you name it. I just think it is so beautiful...








Now, what are some of the things you love?...



Tracey


15 comments:

Jeanneoli said...

You have already named some things I love. I also love fabrics...lots and lots of fabrics. New and vintage. I also love vintage lace, old stamps, chandeliers, ironstone...the list could go on and one;-)

Sadie Olive said...

Awesome list! What a score with those keys! I love both some things on yours and Jeanne's lists! I also love old wire baskets, vintage tea towels, and black and white Halloween decor.

Lissa said...

I love shells, Lots and lots of shells. I also love candles, succulents and lots of white! Gorgeous photos! good job!

jackie said...

I love your list (and pretty pictures) - I'm with you and all the girls who've commented - I also love old religious items (rosaries, statues, mass cards, etc.), vintage frames and anything French!!

Maisy said...

i love cloches, i love silver and apothecary jars. there now you know...
xo

traci said...

all of those are great. you are doing well practicing with you camera. pretty photos. my first time to your blog. love it, i'll be back!!

Tara said...

Your photos look great, I LOVE the button picture with those old spoons, I keep going back to it! I want to see more of your house, oh was that to nosey? I love alot of the same thing, however I have to add old suitcases, vintage books, and old glass door knobs like in your last photo, sigh...gorgeous!

Jill said...

oh so many things i love....just read my blog sidebar...a few, brown transferware, old clocks, old books, botanical prints, ironstone, cloches, french chairs, old chandeliers....

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I love your post...

hot tea...

singing birds...

old hat boxes

old lace curtains

old doorknobs.. the glass kind

It' an Evolution said...

The script under the door knobs is to die for !!!
My favorite things are all fabric related.
Vintage cloth, trim, yes buttons too and flowers.
All things old with character...
Your photography is coming along wonderfully.
Janet

shabbyscraps said...

ohhh, all my fav's too! great photos!
xoxo, Tiffany

paige said...

hi tracey, thanks for dropping by my neglected blog! i love these images you've taken.
lets see...
currently my obsession has been jewelry. a friend of mine makes these amazing silver/pearl necklaces and bracelets and adds religeous medalions..such a cool look.
i love fun dishes, chandliers, & journals.
so nice to meet you...
xo

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Tracey, I love alot of the things you just showed...what fun having those wonderful "finds" given to you...the vintage jewelry is a favorite of mine...

LadyEM said...

Old books, old jewelry and old textiles. These are a few of my favorite things!!

the wild raspberry said...

i love everything in your list and have done posts on most of them :)
lol.
ironstone is my other weakness...
have a great day
chas

btw...love your blog...simply gorgeous.