Monday, October 26, 2009

Caighton's Room...






Well hello there, I'm back from amongst the sick! I must start today's post by sending out my most loving thank you for all of your kind and caring well wishes for my sick kiddos!!! Fortunately my husband and I escaped getting sick and everyone is on the road to good health again.





I can't say that I am completely done with Caighton's room, but I wanted to go ahead and show you where I'm at with her "redo." We painted the walls a pale grey and I am really pleased with how it turned out. I have been waiting for days to take pictures of her room, in hopes that the sun would make an appearance, but no such luck...so I apologize for the terrible lighting in the pictures.

Her room is small, with only one window, but here's a peek into Caighton's little spot in our home...










vintage baby sweaters...













the memory jar I made for her, with bits from her "babyhood" inside and finished with a key from her great grandpa...


the prayer card inside is a vintage French one of St. Therese, whom Caighton's middle name was chosen for...




these were my shoes when I was a baby, apparently I had big feet...the beautiful blanket was made by my mother-in-law...














this is the vintage crinoline that I bought when I was at the Country Living Fair...it hangs on Caighton's crib when she's not sleeping...I just adore all of the ruffles...

in the background is her new Ikea slipcovered chair...




Thanks for hanging in there with the bad lighting on the pictures!

I hope all of you are avoiding the flu bug and enjoying a fabulous start to your week!!!


Tracey