Thursday, October 8, 2009

An interview with Mari Eriksson...








Many of you are already familiar with the amazing photography of Mari Eriksson from her beautiful blog An Angel at My Table. If you haven't been to her inspiring blog before, you must visit it, as it is filled with one gorgeous picture after another!




I recently contacted Mari and asked her if she would be willing to do an interview for my little blog, because I am so enamored with her work and wanted to learn a little more about her...she very graciously agreed. Following is our interview and all photos in this post are Mari's spectacular work...








1. What inspires your photography and how did you get started in that career?



I get a lot of inspiration from the internet, from different blogs, flickr, etc. That was actually what got me started in the first place. We had just moved back to Sweden from Melbourne. The kids were small and we lived in a small, horrible apartment during the time we were looking for a house. I was on the internet the whole time to look for a house and found myself in this wonderful inspirational world of the blogs. You get easily sucked in! I had worked as a photo assistant for 5 years before the kids came, but I wasn't attracted to the fashion and commercial scene anymore that I had worked in previously. But then I realized I could work with the interior [decorating] that I also loved as a hobby.








2. What projects are you currently working on?



At the moment, I just finished a book about wedding crafts. My friend that I am doing the book with, has done all sorts of invitations, menues, and different ways of setting the table.







3. What trends in decorating are you liking and seeing right now?



The trend with everything white that has been big in Scandinavia is now more and more being combined with industrial and retro styles. The two styles go lovely together. I have also always loved a lot of color on a white canvas...where most of the furniture is white but you then decorate with colorful stuff. I like to mix new pieces with old finds.






4. Do you have a favorite photograph you have taken, or project that you have worked on?



Lena Ihrman's home that I show on my blog is still one of my favorite houses that I have shot. Favorite picture...I don't know. But I really like doing the inspirational pieces that I do for Swedish magazines because then you really show your style and use the stuff you like rather than when you are shooting a home and use only their stuff. I will try to show some current projects I am working on on my blog soon. Stay tuned...






5. How do you "juggle" all that you having going on in your life?



I am really lucky to have a husband that works from home and helps me a lot with the kids! He takes them to swimming lessons, drops them off and picks them up from school and so on...he also is the technical support and admin at "Mari Eriksson Photography." I am very fortunate to have a job I love and we both work from home so we see each other always, even though we both travel a lot with our work! We are always at liberty to do what we want.








Dear Mari, thank you again so very much for sharing a little about yourself with me and my blog readers, you are too kind!!!





Blessings for a happy, restful, and enjoyable long weekend to all of you my sweet friends!!!







Tracey

53 comments:

Simply Me Art said...

This was wonderful Tracey. I have never been to her blog but I must say you have me very intrigued and I have to go have a looksie. Wow....Jamie

{kara} said...

Wow I love her Photography! It is lovely! I am going to add her to my list of blogs I read.

I will try and get you some more pictures of those garlands you liked, from my blog.

--
kara

{kara} said...

hi its me again! when I click on the link above to get to her blog, it says that the blog I am looking for isn't found! Maybe its me?

Ticking and Toile said...

O H M Y G O S H!!! Those pictures were just gorgeous! Mari's work is totally amazing! I hate to admit I haven't heard of her before....but I am so glad you featured her so I can know who to search for....just lovely...thanks for sharing!

Shellagh

chair up said...

Thanks Tracey so much for sharing this. I haven't seen her blog but know that she will be added to my blog roll just from looking at these photos. Enjoy your weekend.
AngeX

chair up said...

Discovered her web address is www.angelattable.blogspot.com
Hope this helps.

Kasey said...

gorgeous.
xo

The Flying Bee said...

Beautiful Tracey! Thanks for introducing us to her. I have to go and check her out! Have a great weekend!

koralee said...

Sooooooo charmingly lovely...what a beautiful home she has. I am off to check her blog out...sigh...makes my old home look sad! Pure inspiration!

traci said...

wow, beautiful!! i am off to visit her blog. thanks for sharing.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Love her style! So dreamy and creamy:) I'm off to check her out more. Thanks Tracey.

Leah C said...

A wonderland of white...stunning photos! Thanks for sharing:)

A.Love said...

Gorgeous photos..I love the how crisp they are the the lighting is so real life!
A book?! I cannot wait to see it!!!

krys kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful...I follow your blog and hers. It is a small blogging world. Thank-you for sharing.

tara said...

gorgeous images, love th soft colors and all the light...thanks for the interveiw Tracey!

Jacqueline said...

Oh how inspiring, Why is it the Scandanavians have such style? A lovely post, Tracy with amazing interior photographs. XXXX

the wild raspberry said...

gorgeous photos...lovely interview...
i'd love to get my hands on that wedding craft book!!!
have a wonderful weekend ~
chasity

Carole~Maynard Greenhouse said...

Congrats on the interview. I've been so sad that she hasn't posted in so long. Glad to know she's doing well. Her work is inspiring to so many!
L~C

donna said...

Girlie Girl! I think you have yet another calling! Great Interview! I had seen her work before but love the questions you asked and the answers she gave. Totally Awesome!
Have a FAB weekend with the wee-ones and hubby...take care, dj

Anne~fiona and twig said...

Those are every bit as pretty as anything out of Jeanne d'Arc Living! Wow!
Great post, still loving your blog.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Anne

Kristin said...

Wow, gorgeous pictures. The white is so ethereal. Thanks for introducing me to her!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Fun interview, and of course, the photos are darling.

Thanks for sharing with us!

paperhill said...

her work is wonderful! love to hear about other creative people. i'm off to check out her blog!

stefanie said...

her photos are gorgeous, so soft, i am off to look, thanks

Julie said...

Tracey, I love French design and your photos showcase the very best parts of it for me.... thanks for sharing the inspiring photos I love the floors in the last photo. Are they pickled pine?

Blessings and xo - Julie

PS. Will you be getting any additional copies of the Jeanne de Arc magazines?

Wizard of Was said...

Wow Tracey,
Thank you so much for doing that interview with Mari! I love her blog and it is always so neat to get to learn about the real person behind each and every blog that I follow!Nice job!
My Best
Gale

Firefly Hill said...

Tracy,
Her work is just beautiful! I am off to check out her blog and thanks for sharing.

annie

Shawn Seay said...

Dreamy! I'm going to take a peak at her blog. Thanks so much for sharing her with us!

Martha's Favorites said...

Great interview with a great designer. Thank you so much for taking the time to do it. Blessings, Martha

Gypsy Brocante said...

Thank you for introducing me to Mari!I can see why you are a fan ... I'm off to dig into her blog!

Have a peaceful weekend.

xo
Jill

lisa mcilvain said...

Tracey,
Thank you for introducing me to such an amazing artist! Wonderful pictures and the interview is great. Her blog is amazing, (so is yours). Lisa

Carolyn said...

Hi Tracey,
I enjoyed the photos and the interview you shared so I will go visit Mari's blog.
Thank you for becoming my 300th follower!
Take care,
Carolyn

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Tracey
What a scoop!! Interview and images from the lovely and talented Mari Eriksson!

I've long been a fan of her work and she was one of the 1st blogs I 'lurked' on. Although lately I've been slipping with getting around to all my favourites.

Quite a bit of her work has been popping up in Australian magazines lately to my delight. She has such a unique signature that her work is readily recognized [and admired of course]!

Love your questions and interview style. Hope you bring us some more of these delights. Have a wonderful weekend. xx Julie

Mary said...

I am in l.o.v.e with every single photo! Beautiful! ~mary~

PS~Erin said...

There's those chairs! They look so good all mixed. I want.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Queen Bee said...

You had me at the first picture!!!!!!!!! Unbelievably beautiful...FAB interview! Thanks for sharing...and my next stop is An Angel at My Table....wishing you many joyous moments to fill your days!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

What a nice interview, Tracey. I really enjoyed it and the photos are so beautiful. I'm not familiar with Mari, thank you for introducing me to her, I will go check out her blog right after my visit here.

I want to thank you for your comment again on my blog. We're hanging in there... well, you know all too well. Just taking it day to day and enjoying what we've got with one another. Your kindness means a lot.

Okay, off to visit Mari. Have a nice weekend - enjoy!
xo~Tracie

an angel at my table said...

Hello Girls and espacially Tracey,

Thanks you all for all the kind words about me! I am so happy that you like the same things I do. Isn't blogging just fantastic with this direct contact with people all over the world! I will promise to try to post more regulary.

All the best Mari

An Angel At My Table

Dreaming In Pink With Roses said...

Hi Tracey! Beautiful post! Gorgeous Photography! Very Heavenly!

Thanks so much for stopping in to visit! I love your shop! I grabbed your button for my sidebar!

Hope you are enjoying the weekend!
~ Blessings ~ Teresa

Jeni said...

What gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing them and a letting us get to know the photographer. She is one talented girl.

Julie said...

Beautiful pictures! Great interview too. :)

Blue Muse said...

Hi Tracey!
I have cleared my plate enough to finally find time to come and visit bloggy friends! Mari's phototgraphy is breathtaking and your interview was wonderful. I loved peeking into her beautiful world!
xo Isa

Draffin Bears said...

Thank you so much Tracey for conducting a wonderful interview with Mari.
Her photography and style is so inspiring and incredibly beautiful.

I am going to have a peek at the blog.

I hope that your weekend is enjoyable and I hope that you have a happy week.

hugs
Carolyn

Martha said...

Tracey ~ what a beautiful post...thank you for sharing...such gorgeous pictures...WOW...how fun to do an interview with her too...can't wait to check out her blog too:)

LuLu & Co. said...

This post was full of beautiful images, thank you for sharing this great interview and a delightful new blog for me to read and enjoy, happy weekend to you too,
xo,
LuLu

Jeanneoli said...

What amazing images!!!

Lissa said...

great interview. I could just crawl in and live in those images!

Kellie Collis said...

Beautiful pictures like this remind me of why i love white so much!

Andrea - Faded Plains said...

Gorgeous photos...I love the metal chairs in the last photo...I'm thinking I might have to get some like those.

Madame Sucre said...

lovely serene tones.. i adore white and neutrals so much!!

thanks alot for stopping by my blog Make Room for Living.. this is my new dessert blog Madame Sucre
:)

Jenns Three Graces said...

I enjoyed her blog so much - she's on my favorites list now - just beautiful! Jennifer

Angela Harris said...

SOO glad I found your amazing blog! These are the most inspirational photos I've seen in a long time!

BellaRosa said...

Tracey, thank you for sharing this wonderful interview with Mari, I so love her beautiful pictures! She is such a lovely and kind lady, her pictures always move me with thier beauty. She was ever so kind as you know in letting me use one of her beautiful pictures for one of my posts about my dad and pancakes...so again thank you for sharing a lil bit more of her with all us :) Now I think I have caught up on all your great posts I had missed when I couldn't type...I think now i need to rest :) besos, Rose