Thursday, October 15, 2009

What brings me comfort...







As my sweet Halena was leaving for school yesterday morning, I snapped a few pictures of her. I am always struck by a moment of sadness tugging at my heart when she leaves in the morning...

It's hard to know that she will be out of my sight and away from my protection for so long...

I wonder if I have given her what she needs to face the sometimes cruel and difficult world around us...




A nagging feeling stayed with me as I went about my usual routine yesterday. I'm not sure why, on this particular day, I was feeling more uneasy than on others, but none-the-less, the feeling stayed with me until I laid down last night to go to sleep.

You know that time, when you first lay your head on your pillow, and your thoughts and worries of the day are all swirling around in your head? Well, this is when it hit me...

I've taught her to pray.

Yes, pray. That is the thought that brought a wash of relief over me. Simple...yes. But small...no.

I have given my child, my children, the ability to seek comfort and advice from the greatest source there is...and that is what finally brought me peace as my day was ending...


Tracey