Thursday, December 3, 2009

Getting crafty...

It doesn't happen very often, but every now and again, I tackle a craft project...don't get me wrong, I love doing craft's just that I'm not necessarily good at crafting, nor do I really have the time to devote to it...I think of myself as a "crafter wanna be!"

At any rate, my 5 year old son and I decided to make some little houses out of empty milk/cream containers. We used vintage wallpaper and scrapbook paper to cover the containers (I cut, he glued), and then we (mostly me) embellished them a bit...Aren't they cute??!

I found this idea in one of my Christmas books. You can make the houses look more like bird houses and hang them from your tree or you can make them into more of a little village. We {kind of} had fun setting our village up with my bird candles and some fake snow and buttons (love those white buttons!) quote my son:

"It's kind of like playing with my Thomas engines...just not as much fun..."


If you look closely, you will see my son's handiwork amongst the snow and buttons...little bird punch outs...I bought a Martha Stewart craft punch recently (see crafter wanna be) and my son has taken a real liking to it...actually so have I...I can't help it, it's just so much fun to make perfect little birds from the pages of old books! It's embarrassing to say, but we actually fight over who gets to use it!! Santa, if you're listening, we need another craft punch please!

Thanks for putting up with our little craft project...dare I say it, but I do have more projects to show you...but I'll save those for another day :)

And the winner of my giveaway is Annie from Firefly Hill Designs!!! Email me your address Annie and I will get your goodies right out to you! A big thank you to everyone for participating in my giveaway!! You girls are simply the best!!!

If you would like a chance to win some beautiful jewelry and a craft book, head on over to my friend Jamie's giveaway over at Simply Me Art...but hurry, today (Thursday) is the last day to enter!

Enjoy your weekend!!!