Wednesday, December 16, 2009


Christmas greetings my friends!  I've finally started wrapping a few of my gifts...I haven't gotten very far yet, but I thought I would share with you a few that I have done.  I like to keep my wrapping fairly simple, with an emphasis on natural...and I like to use what I already have on hand from around the house and from my craft supply "stash."  I also like to place some of my wrapped gifts around the house and include them in my Christmas decor...just to make things a little more festive!

...the picture above is of a corner in my dining room...

this one I made by simply stamping an image (in silver) onto a doily and gluing it to the top of the gift...

this next one didn't photograph nearly as pretty as it looked in person, but I've included it anyway...yep that's an empty grape container {you know I like to reuse/recycle :) }...I liked being able to see the mercury glass ornaments through the clear top...

I sometimes like to use mini clothespins to hold the tag onto the gift, instead of just tying it on...these I made with a swipe of white paint and a dash of "Glamour Dust" while the paint was still wet...

I'd like to leave you with a poem that my husband received...those of you who have been reading my blog from the beginning know that my father-in-law passed away in August...he was loved and cherished completely, and the pain of his loss is still deep.  I know some of my dear blog friends have lost a loved one this year as well...

Although this poem brought me to tears, I found it to be of comfort...and hope some of you will too...

I'm Spending Christmas With Jesus This Year

I see the countless Christmas trees
Around the world below;
With the tiny lights, like Heaven's stars
Reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular,
Please wipe away that tear;
Because I'm spending Christmas
With Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs
That people hold so dear;
But the sounds of any music can't compare
With the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you
The joy their voices bring;
It is beyond description
To hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart;
But it's only for a while
That we will be apart.

I'll ask Him to light your spirit
As I tell Him of your love;
So please pray for one another
As you lift eyes above.

I can't tell you of the splendor
Or the peace here in this place.
Can you imagine Christmas
With our Saviour...face to face?

Please let your hearts be joyful
And let your spirit sing;
I'm spending Christmas in Heaven
And I am walking with the King.