Monday, December 7, 2009

More projects...









Is it Monday already?! Boy did the weekend fly by!! I woke up this morning to a beautiful dusting of snow on the ground...our first real snow fall of the season...check back with me in February and I will be cursing the snow, but for now, I love it, and I always hope for a white Christmas.



The highlight of my busy weekend was attending my friend Kasey's An Inspired Evening event. I met so many truly lovely women, and just want to give a shout out and a big hello to any of them who might be reading this...and say...I had such a wonderful and amazing time with all of you...I do hope we get the chance to do it again!!!






This weekend I worked on projects using some of the vintage prayer cards that I own and cherish. I made copies of them onto photo paper and then turned them into gift tags for my Christmas presents (which I'll show you in a later post) as well as created this project using old bottles...



You may have seen various versions of this project before, it's not original to me, I just put my own spin on it using prayer cards. I found it too difficult to get the pictures positioned just right by putting them on the inside of the bottle, so I used a little Mod Podge instead and, in most cases, just attached the pictures to the back of the bottles...so you would see the them through the bottle...




I took most of these photos later in the day so that you could see the effect of placing a candle behind the bottle...I just love the warmth and glow of candlelight in the wintertime, and especially at Christmas! You can even add a little fake snow inside a few of the bottles and then finish things off with some greenery...













I set my bottles up on the tall desk that is by my front door....so that everyone who comes in could see them...and so that they would be high enough to keep sticky fingers (aka my 2 yr old) from being able to reach them...









What projects have you been working on???







Tracey