Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tight on time...






Hello there! It has been such a crazy, busy week for me...there just doesn't seem to be enough time to get everything done lately!! And I think I have been pushing myself to hard lately and was feeling the effects this week...at the beginning of the week I was dragging so bad and feeling very tired...so I had to take a step back and slow down a bit...can you believe I went to bed at 7:30 on Tuesday night??! Yikes, it helped though, and I am feeling a bit better. I don't want this beautiful season to be over and not have even gotten the chance to enjoy it!



I have a mish mash of things to talk about today, so I'm just going to get started and dive right in...

This is the Noel banner that I made a few weeks ago, out of burlap and extra bits of fabric and such that I had. I used some paper stencils that I already had and regular acrylic paint...It hangs over the bay window in the dining room, but I took it down to photograph it because the glare from the window was ruining my shot (oh, and you know I don't sew, so I should tell you that I used hot glue and "liquid stitch" for everything)...




As promised, here are the gift tags I made...simple, simple, simple...I used more of the photo copies of my vintage prayer cards and attached them to plain note cards...punched a hole in the top and then used my fancy scissors to scallop the edge. Next I added a vellum overlay, and then stamped on to the vellum using the Christmas stamps I got out of the $1 bin at Michaels...



Over the weekend, our neighbor made an appearance at his house as Santa. He sat in the sleigh he built over the summer...yep, you heard that right...you see he spends all year preparing for the "display" he puts on at Christmastime! The kids loved it!! So I took a couple of the pictures and played around with them in picnik...I "winterized" them! It was kind of fun to do it too...I just need to get in there and play around a little more...I was tight on time (as always)...










Sheesh! Are you still with me? This is a long one I guess!!


I have some bad news on the Jeanne d' Arc Living front...they have decided that they are no longer going to be shipping to the United States! Yep, not until they have found a US distributor who can help them work through all of their Custom's issues and better serve their customers here. So what's left in the shop, is all there will be for, probably, at least 6 months! Thank goodness I bought as much as I did! (Don't worry, I'm scouting for new suppliers). This was hard news for me to take, trust me! But I will stay positive that everything will work out and we will again have access to all of the amazing JDL merchandise...






So that brings me to the magazine...these images are all from the upcoming issues due out in mid January...


Take a peek...









Jeanne d' Arc has agreed to continue supplying us with the magazine that we have grown to love and anticipate...but at an increased price...gulp! The new price, with shipping, will be closer to $32 a magazine, instead of $24. I know, that's a lot for a magazine! My dilemma is how many to purchase. I would really appreciate some feedback from all of you...please let me know if you would or wouldn't buy the magazine at the new higher price...so I can gauge how many I should buy. I hate being out of stock on the magazine when there are people still wanting to purchase it, but I realize that $32 is a luxury to spend for a magazine...any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!




This last picture I just had to add in...it's the sweet alyssum in my garden, that despite all of the snow we have been getting, refuses to die! It is one of my absolute favorites in the garden :)





Phew! You made it to the end! Thanks for sticking with me :) I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!!


I almost completely forgot to mention a sweet giveaway that my adorable friend Martha is having in honor of her 100th post!!! Please go and visit her wonderful blog...she is giving away a gift certificate to my shop along with 2 other fabulous shops!!! Happy 100th Martha! Hurry though, the giveaway ends tonight (Thursday) at midnight...





Blessings!




Tracey