Monday, December 14, 2009

Trader Joe bags...not just for groceries...






I don't intend for this to turn into a  "crafting blog,"  it's just that, well, we've been doing a lot of crafting lately...and having a lot of fun too I might add...seems we always dive into the craft projects with full force at this time of year.  My 5 year old son is enjoying it so much though...I think we might be doing crafts on a more regular basis from here on out :)  Don't worry though, we'll get back to regularly scheduled decorating talk soon...





Our latest project was turning the brown bags you get at Trader Joes (or any grocery store) into gift tags.  All I did was cut the tags out using an existing tag I had as a template, and then stamp onto it using a little white paint that I applied to the stamp.  Braden used his white crayon to draw pictures on his tags (apparently I'm not allowed to show his artwork on my blog...5 year olds can be funny that way...)


I embellished my tags with some petite vintage stencils I picked up at a local antique store a few weeks ago...











Even the backs of the tags are cute thanks to the holiday themed printing on the TJ bags right now...










Now I need to get using all of these tags we've been making...and get wrapping!  I'm closing in on finishing my Christmas shopping, so it's time to turn my attention to wrapping my gifts...this part is fun for me, so I don't like to leave it until the last minute when I am rushed...what can I say, I love all aspects of Christmas!!!  Be back soon with some gift wrapping ideas...


What Christmasy goodness were all of you up to this weekend???  Now on to the bustle of a new week...


Happy new week my friends!




Tracey