Thursday, July 22, 2010

Horton's of Tipton


Today I'd like to share with you some of the photos I took of Horton's, when I was in Tipton, Indiana a few weeks ago.  I went there to photograph the French Flea Market event they were sponsoring , but was so pleasantly surprised to find this amazing store as well!!!  Horton's is a small town hardware store where you can buy paint and tools and all of the usual hardware stuff, but the delight of it is, that they also have a candy counter in the middle of the store where they make the most delicious homemade fudge every day as well...




...they also have a beautiful greenhouse on the back of the store...



...and then part of the store is sectioned off using old doors and clever creativity to allow for the most incredible home decor store...

I was blown away by all of the unique and gorgeous displays Donna had put together throughout the store...

This bed was my favorite {although it was hard to pick a favorite}...



She used an old mantle as the headboard and tree branches as the posts around the bed...so cool...and then hung all sorts of fun things from the branches, making the look totally breathtaking!  The pictures don't do it justice, but I had to show them to you anyway...




















I just thought the whole store was brilliant!  You can go there with your husband and both of you can shop for what you want!! :) :)

If you live anywhere near Tipton, Indiana, I highly suggest you go and check out this wonderful store for yourself!  Their supply of vintage doors and windows alone make it worth the trip!


Have a great weekend!!!


Tracey