Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cabinet love...


Hi!  Today I thought I would show you a little peek inside my favorite little glass cabinet.  This cabinet is a family piece from my husband's side of the family that I painted a creamy white on the inside a few years ago and just recently painted the outside of...I knew it would be perfect in our new family room.

Here's a quick look...

An old bucket full of hydrangeas and a few pops of color on top of the cabinet...



And some of my favorite things on the inside...





I often get asked questions about how to display items and what to choose to display...my answer for that is simple, decorate with what you love, not what's trendy...that way your home will be a reflection of you and your passions and will always seem warm and welcoming.  For me, vintage items are clearly a love, but the items I display will often have additional significance because of who may have given them to me or where I discovered them.

These 3 old laundry pins are something my father-in-law gave me a few years ago.  He always knew how much I liked "old things" and would run down to the basement when I was over and come back up with some vintage item he thought I might want.  These pins always make me smile and remember him, so I like to keep them where I can see them...









 

Have a wonderful week!!!



Tracey