Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Day of love


Any holiday that devotes a day all to love is all good in my book...and this year I wanted to do a little something extra special for my kids, so I set up a mini Valentine's party just for them!  Here are a few pictures from our little party...





I used a deck of "heart" cards that my daughter got from the dollar store last year to decorate the chalkboard...


And I tried to add loving touches to the table setting to show my little ones how very special I think they are...












I even brought out the family heirloom punch bowl.  And here's an easy tip, if you want to make regular punch extra pretty, try floating a few lavender sprigs in the punch bowl...fresh ones work great, but you can also use dried lavender sprigs from your garden {not the store as they may have been treated}, just cut the stems off first...







Have a wonderful week!


Tracey