Friday, February 11, 2011

love unexpected



Hello and Happy Friday!  I am linking up today with my friend Jeanne's ALL FOUR LOVE series that is going on in the month of February.  Today's theme is {love unexpected}.

For me, one of the most unexpected loves I have found over the last year and a half, has been photography.  In July of 2009, I bought my first digital camera and instantly fell in love with the art of photography.  And that is what it is to me, an art...and a new found passion...

I remember loving the photo below, one that I took very early on after I bought my camera...but I didn't know what I was doing back then or what any of the buttons on my camera were even for!! :)  I look back on this photo and still love the fact that it captures the tenderness of my husband and son together, but I cringe at the technical aspect of the actual picture...



While I'm still no expert at photography {a far cry from it}, I have thoroughly enjoyed learning and practicing along the way...


I love photographing my children {when they choose to cooperate}...


And I love photographing the landscape beauty around me...


...whether it is the quiet beauty of the Midwest...


...or the awe inspiring beauty of far away places like Paris...


Another favorite of mine, is photographing flowers...


...as well as the simple beauty of what I collect and cherish...


But I have built this blog on my passion for decorating...and without my love for photography, I don't think I would have nearly as much fun with this blog as I do!



To play along, or see more {love unexpected} posts, visit Courtney's blog, *HERE*


Have a wonderful Valentine's weekend!!!



Tracey

p.s.  Most of the pictures in this post are not ones I have shown before...it is amazing how many photos one can accumulate when you have a love for photography :))