Saturday, March 19, 2011

Fresh Bread and French Jam




Hello and Happy Weekend!  Just a quick post to share with you a few new French gourmet products that I am carrying in the SHOP...



My family and I have been a little obsessed with these jams lately :)  I love adding it to the whole wheat dessert bread I have been making for a special treat.



In an effort to be a little healthier, but still satisfy my sweet tooth, I have been making Whole Wheat Banana Bread...I follow this recipe *HERE*

and I change it up sometimes and substitute the bananas for applesauce {pictured below}...for that I up the cinnamon in the recipe to 1 tsp.  I also like to use my Vanilla Sugar in place of the brown sugar in this version.



Both recipes are very good and I often eat them plain with nothing on top, but my girls like a little extra something to flavor and sweeten theirs up a bit...

My 3 year old loves for me to warm a little of the L'Abeille Occitane honey and drizzle it on top...



and my 9 year old favors {okay, loves} the Pear with Vanilla Jam on her slice...





I am also carrying Olive Oils, Fleur de Sel, and the most delicious Butter cookies...all from France, in the Specialty section of the shop!

And, yes, it is a little dangerous carrying food items that you LOVE!! :))



Tracey


p.s.  French bottle carrier from Dreamy Whites Online!

p.p.s.  the new issue of Jeanne d' Arc Living is up for pre-order in the shop and will be out by April 8th

here's a peek...


{photo, and below, courtesy of Jeanne d' Arc Living}