Monday, April 18, 2011

A big girl bed

Happy Monday!  Well, my 3-year-old finally got a big girl bed over the weekend!  I have had this old iron bed {that my mom found for me for $50 at a garage sale!!} for several years now...just waiting for her...but I have been a little reluctant to give up the ease of the crib :))  But, alas, it was time, and so I thought I would share a few pictures of Caighton's room with you since it has been awhile since I've shown it...

I'm still working out the linens for her bed, and I need to find a dust ruffle that will look right, but for now, I have kept it pretty simple.  I have a plain white duvet cover on her down comforter that I think I paid $20 for at Target a few years ago, so to spruce it up a bit, I followed my friend Maria's lead and threw one of my French linen sheets over the bed.

{the beautiful vintage toile pillows are from Dreamy Whites and the lovely linen ruffle throw at the foot of the bed is from Full Bloom Cottage}

{the grey iron architectural piece is one I bought at Joy's Shop the Shed sale last year...she has another sale coming up this week}

I plan to update the pictures on her shelf with more recent ones, but just haven't had the chance yet, so this part of her room is the same as it has been for awhile now...

So that is where I'm at, for now, in Caighton's room...I want to tweak a few things still {I can never just leave things alone!}, so I will update the pictures on this post when I do.

Come back on Thursday for pictures of my kitchen redo!

Have a great week and thank you for stopping by!!!