Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Flowers and vintage paper love...


Hello!  I'm back from my trip and, of course, waaaaay behind on things!  So this will be a quick post and link up with Kim and her wonderful Texture Tuesday.

I took a few pictures yesterday of the ranunculus that were all tight buds when I left for my trip, but opened beautifully while I was gone.  I love these flowers!  I also love vintage papers of all kinds and so I combined the two for my photos.

Which of Kim's texture I used is listed below each photo...

{vintage and primmed}

I think the old maps that are hand drawn and colored are truly incredible works of art!

{warm sun}

{sepia ornate}

and here I used the first photo again with one of Kim's textures and one of my own...

{peeling paint and my 1853 texture}

On a different note, my good friend Jen has just revealed her new Spring collection, Urban Journey, and with it has put together the coolest flip book highlighting pieces from her beautiful collection...she did an amazing job!!!  I would love for you to take a look through this super cool flip book...

or view her shop *HERE*

To view more Texture Tuesday photos, please visit

Happy Tuesday!!!