Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mom's influence

Hello!  I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend!  Yesterday we went over to my mom's house for Memorial Day and to celebrate her birthday...today is her actual birthday...

while I was there I snapped a few pictures of her lovely guest bedroom as the sun was streaming in...

My mom's style is more traditional than mine, but our love of decorating is the same!  I always say that I inherited the "decorating gene" from my mom...and I am so grateful that I did :))

I also inherited my love for changing and rearranging the house from my mom...in high school it was not uncommon to come home from school and find the furniture rearranged in any given room!  As of late, it is bedding and curtains that my mom loves to switch out.  She has a wonderful eye for colors and patterns and how to make a room interesting.

I love that my mom and I have the connection of decorating.  She will often call me up just to talk about something that she changed out in one of her rooms...and I think that's so fun!

In short, my mom taught me how to decorate...how to have a love of my home and a passion for making it a special place for me and my family...

...and I consider that a very special gift!

Thank you mom for all that you do for me.  Happy Birthday, I love you!