Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Flea Market Find...Vintage Shutters

Hi!  I thought it would be fun to start showing you some of the flea market and garage sale finds that I have purchased recently and what I have done with them.  The Summer months are the best time for acquiring new items for the home at a bargain...I love flea market season! :))

A few months ago I picked up these wonderful vintage shutters at the flea market for $12 a piece!  I had been looking for some for quite awhile.  They were filthy and someone had painted them I gave them a little makeover...

I kept the old hardware that was on them and painted them my favorite grey, Notre Dame by Valspar.  I then took my {husband's} little mouse sander and went to work trying to make the new paint look authentically old...

I'm very happy with how they turned out!  They help to add a little more interest to our family room.

Oh, and BTW, my mom made a great little linen skirt for our "entertainment center" {which is really an old dresser} to help hide all of the stereo and tv equipment that we need to put in the slots...thanks mom!

I added some vintage Paris prints that I found at the flea market to adorn one of the shutters...

{French pitcher and grain sack pillows from Dreamy Whites Online}

I hope to continue to show you more posts like this throughout the Summer...and I would love to hear about any great flea market/garage sale finds you have come across lately??!!

Happiest Weekend!