Friday, August 12, 2011

Flea Market Finds


Hello!  Happy almost weekend!  As promised, I have some pictures of a few of the flea market finds I brought home with me last weekend...

I have been reading a lot of photography books lately and challenging myself to improve, which basically means trying to understand my camera's abilities and settings better...and practicing more :)


I have been playing with light and how it affects photography lately.  While I am and always will be a big fan of light and bright {and, yes, slightly overexposed} photos, it's interesting to see how shadows and colors change at different exposures.


This great vintage fly catcher is perfect paired with some verbena bonariensis that grows like crazy all over my garden...



I picked up a pair of these old grey chairs...remember I told you I have a small obsession with vintage chairs!  The price was right, and, well, sturdy wooden chairs like these are just so versatile for inside and out that I had to buy them...


A very large cube of French soap to add to my collection...


...and a wonderful vintage French tip plate!

{the fly catcher, soap, and tip plate were a few of the things I picked up from Lisa's booth, the one I featured in my previous post}




I always pick up old bottles in this beautiful aqua color if I find them at a reasonable price {they can sometimes be rather pricey}...I just love this one...





And lastly for today...some more vintage botanical prints...



I have more to show you, but alas, this was all I had time to photograph.


So what fabulous flea market finds have you scored lately???


Enjoy your weekend ~


Tracey


p.s. the all new book from Jeanne d' Arc Living, "Amazing Retreats," is now available for pre-order in the SHOP!