Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Vintage Trunk

Happy Thursday my friends!  Today I'd like to share some photos of the wonderful vintage trunk that my mother-in-law gave us a few weeks ago.  First of all, let me just say that I am in love with this trunk!  It is just so "me" and fits in perfectly with my decor.  It belonged to my husband's grandfather and is a very special addition to our home.  My husband and I are blessed to have many antiques in our home that are family heirlooms, especially from his side of the family...they truly bring happiness to my heart to have them in our home!

My MIL was not sure if this trunk was used by her father to hold his belongings when he came to this country from Poland, but she does remember it while growing up as the place where he kept all of his important papers.  Right now, I have the trunk in front of the couch in our family room, but I am not sure if it will stay there...for now at least, I am happy where it's at :))

The silver paint has worn off on all of the edges of the trunk, only adding to it's beauty...

...this little mini sap bucket is one I picked up at the flea market last month and forgot to show you...I seem to have a whole collection of these old galvanized buckets going these days...

I brought some of my limelight hydrangeas in the other day, as I love it when they turn this pretty shade of green.  I am trying to savor the last of the fresh cut flowers from the garden by bringing in new bunches every few days, because unfortunately, not too long form now we will get our first frost and it will be all over :(

There is still time to enter my Post Road Vintage Giveaway {contest ends Sunday at midnight}!

Have a great weekend!!!


p.s.  The Autumn issue of Jeanne d' Arc Living magazine will be here soon and is available in the SHOP for pre-order...this is always one of my favorite issues of the year!