Friday, October 28, 2011

The Golden Hour in Paris


Good morning! 

There is a term in photography called the golden hour...the first and last hour of sunlight in the day...and it can be quite magical.

I was lucky enough to capture a little bit of the golden hour while in Paris last week.. 

The first day my husband and I were there we were leisurely walking along the River Seine, near Notre Dame, on our way to dinner and I was eager and quite happy to be snapping some pictures...

{the back side of Notre Dame}

It was evening and, at first, it was clear, warm, and sunny...so I started shooting into the sun as I love the effect it gives to pictures...




But as we kept walking, many streets were beginning to darken and the sunlight was fading...


All of a sudden, I noticed that the light was really changing...the last rays of sunshine cast a golden glow wherever they managed to still appear amongst the shadows of surrounding buildings...

 






Before I knew it, the sky was a spectacular shade of pink...and there in the distance was the Eiffel Tower...


None of these photos have been enhanced in Photoshop, this is truly how gorgeous the city looked at this brief moment in time!!  We were in the right place at the right time and I felt completely blessed to be there...



Wishing you all a beautiful weekend!


Tracey