Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New items from Paris and more...


Happy November!  I really can't believe I'm saying that...and to think Christmas is just around the corner!!  I still have more pictures of Paris I want to share with you, but today I am focusing on the new items for the  SHOP.

I spent the weekend photographing, and I'm still not done, but I at least got the bulk of my new items listed.  My husband and I had such a great time at the Paris flea markets that we've decided to go back again in the Spring!  I told him that he is the best French flea market buddy a girl could ever ask for...he speaks enough French that he could negotiate prices for me, he figured out which bus/train we needed to take for all of the flea markets I wanted to go to, and he schlepped all of my treasures around for me without complaining :))  Now you know one of the reasons I am madly in love with this man!! 

I hope you will love the things I brought back as much as I do {I wanted to keep everything, but my husband said that wasn't the deal :) }!!

I changed my categories up in the shop a bit and all of the Paris vintage items are in the "Flea Market Finds" category.  I've decided to start including items I pick up on my flea market excursions to the shop...I think they will fit in nicely with the rest of the shop and I have such a true love of vintage that it only makes sense.  So check back every month for new items in this category.

Phew, okay, so here is a sampling of the new items...



I have been collecting these  Antique French Letters  for awhile now and am so happy to be able to offer them in my shop!  They are sold in a 5 letter bundle...

...and my heart did a little flip when I found these beautiful  Antique French Documents.  The writing both inside and out on these is so very pretty..the old script is just so incredible...






I also brought back a lot of  Vintage French Maps  as I have such a passion for them and I know that I myself have had a hard time coming across them here in the US, so I thought it would be great to offer these in the shop as well.   I use mine for product shots and also photocopy them to use for many decorating and craft projects {more on that soon}...


{pictures don't do these maps justice...the colors are soft blues, pinks, greens and yellows and the paper is a gorgeous sepia tone that only comes with age, these particular maps are dated 1877}


I also brought back quite a few sets of dishes...not an easy task, but we managed not to break a single dish in transit :))


{Vintage French Blue Transferware Plate Set}




{Zinc Stencil Set}


{Vintage French Grey Plates}


{Vintage French Grey Dishes}


{Vintage French Hemp Towel  ~ shown here on the table as a small tablecloth}


The ribbon around the napkins is actually  Vintage French Laundry Labels, but I love it as a ribbon.  I only have a few different monogram choices, but any initials work for a pretty presentation...













{Super big 600 gram cubes of Savon de Marseille Soap}


{Set of 2 Vintage French Books}

I also added a few new pieces of jewelry to the shop, and will have more over the next few weeks...







{a slightly different version of the Paris By Night Earrings}








And lastly, I ordered more of the Christmas issue of Jeanne d' Arc Living Magazine, so if you would like to pre-order a copy, I am back in stock on those {they will be arriving in the shop by November 11th}...




Have a great day!!! 

Tracey


31 comments:

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Everything is just soooo lovely!!! If I wasn't on such a "fixer-upper budget" over here - I'd would surely buy some of these lovely items!!! **SIGH** Love them all!!! :)


Hugs,
Jessie

Jacqueline said...

What a feast for the eyes!

traci said...

oh tracey. everything is so gorgeous. those dishes are amazing. again in the spring? i am so jealous. i am really strong and can carry lots of items you know....

let's get together soon. xo!

Poetry and Wild Roses said...

Wow! That must have been so much fun! I love seeing what I can find in my own area...I can imagine the delight of finding treasures like these in Paris. How lovely!

Anne said...

What beautiful things! Thanks for sharing them. xox

Jennifer Rizzo said...

Save a magazine for me! I want to know how you got all of that in your suitcase. I am impressed. :)

ChiPPy!-SHaBBy! said...

Just LoVe the "stencil" & "French Bird Plate"...
Jeanine Burkhardt

Teagarden said...

Lovely photos!
Have a nice day,
Markus

Eliza Freitas said...

Olá!!! Encantador seu blog, tudo muito charmoso e delicado.
Adorei visitá-la!!!
Beijos

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Your killing me here....I looked at everything,its all so lovely...got to get something! Did Michele place an order..hope so! Talk soon,x0x0

NikAntik said...

your finds are a great success! The envelopes are marvellous... I just have to have a look into the shop, bye... Nik

Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig said...

Gorgeous treasures, Tracey!

And I absolutely loved your article in Artful Blogging! You truly spoke to my heart and my passions, well done!

XO,
Anne

TheCrankyCrow said...

What wonderful goodes Tracey - loving everything - but those transferware plates melt my heart. (And what a wonderful travel companion your hubby is!!) Tres bien!! Happy November....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Roxi said...

So many lovely french finds!

Roxi

Jeanneoli said...

Everything is gorgeous!

Leah C said...

Oh what gorgeous finds, Tracey!! I'm drooling over here;)

Mary said...

Let's just say that your weekend was well spent.

Thanks for the peek,
Mary

Susan said...

Wow Tracey, I am drooling over all of these French tresors! So glad to hear you enjoyed your trip (and with such a supportive husband!), and to see these lovelies you've brought home. Those blue and gray plates are fabulous.
I love the laundry ribbon as well. I recently added some Belgium laundry ribbon to pillows I made, and I really like how the red contrasts so vividly against the white.
I'll surely have to visit your shop!
- Susan

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh my gosh.....I'm still trying to pick my chin up off the floor, Tracey! Those treasures are seriously amazing, girl! I couldn't believe how quickly they sold! Good thing you're going back for more! :)

xoxo laurie

Buda benim dunyam:) said...

The post is wonderful!
Amazing photos...


www.margunundunyasi.blogspot.com

Lili said...

I so enjoyed your photography and styling of these gorgeous French treasures Tracey. Going on a buying trip to Paris with your husband sounds completely heavenly! You are living a dream come true, but I know how hard you are working to make it all happen, everything is just perfection! xoxo ~Lili

newjulie said...

Awesome! I am going to be in Paris in a week and now surfing the web looking for fela markets adresses. If anyone can recommend me something, i'd apprecoate SOOO MUCH! I really hope to get some cuties there!

Rachel Pallas said...

~BEAUTIFUL~ xo

Looking Glass said...

Yay! Heading over to have a looky now!

~ Clare x

Deb said...

Love all the new items in your shop Tracey...just love your style! ~Deb~

Silvia said...

Wow, a vintage french map of Italy...my country!
Your finds are lovely!
Silvia

Tracey said...

Julie ~

I used the book "Markets of Paris" by Dixon and Ruthanne Long to plan which flea markets to go to. I bought my copy at Anthropology but I would bet the book store has it too. So many of the flea markets are only open on certain days and at certain times that it is good to have a book that maps it all out for you. Good luck!

:) Tracey

Burlap Luxe said...

Loving all things French, Tracie you inspire soulfully.

See you soon
Have a great week-end inspiring peace and calm.
xx
Dore

Nicole said...

Hello from Munich
You have a nice Blog! Beautiful pics ♥

kind regards
Nicole

Tracie said...

Everything is so lovely, and your photos are amazing!

Anonymous said...

which markets are your favs? i used to live in the 15th and went to vanves in the 14th and random brochantes.