Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Vintage Inspired Christmas Entertaining


Happy Wednesday!  I wanted to share with you the photos I took and some of the simple entertaining tips I shared recently in my article for Heather Bullard's holiday issue of Souvenir.  Souvenir is a seasonal lifestyle gazette, and it's free!  If you would like to subscribe to get future issues, go *HERE*

Thank you so much Heather for including me in this wonderful issue of Souvenir!



My article featured my love of using vintage items and reinventing how to use them...especially for entertaining...and especially during the Christmas season...


Above, I used the old tool chest that usually sits in my bedroom to serve cocktails on...it's a fun piece that shows off the vintage pink cocktail glasses perfectly.  I always thoroughly wash and seal any vintage pieces I buy as soon as I bring them home, so they are ready to be used for whatever purpose I might think up down the road :) 

{I use a water based polyurethane and just brush it right onto whatever I want to seal.}



You have seen me use this Goodwill find before!  I love using this silver serving tray with the perfect patina for showcasing drinks of all kinds, including simple red wine.  I just added some of the many vintage watch dials I have collected over the years to each glass stem, using wired mini garland, for a festive look...


And, lastly, this vintage blue caddy gets used for a different purpose every other month it seems!  It's perfect to gather items up for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres for any small party...

 

I love using a sprig of rosemary and some jute twine around simple white napkins during the Fall and Winter...


I am really starting to feel the Christmas spirit lately and am so excited that we will be getting our tree this weekend!  We have a rather large artificial tree that we have had for years, but this year my husband and I thought it would be nice to take the kids to a tree farm and get a real one...an experience they've never had.  I'm really looking forward to it!

Enjoy the rest of your week ~

:) Tracey


p.s.  And, just a reminder that my big Christmas sale is still going on...in the SHOP!!!


30 comments:

Angel said...

hi hqppy for you hqving get published in the qrticle..lovely pitchures and good luck to find the xmas tree have a great week hugs xxx

Comeca Jones said...

What beautiful glassware!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love all of your beautiful photos! Such a fun way to use items as repurposed treasures, I especially love the old tool case. Do you treat your pieces in case they have lead paint? I haven't treated any of mine and wondering if I should do so.

~Shanon

Laura T. said...

Hi Tracey!
Thanks for the photos - I love all things vintage but am challenged in the decorating dept :). Keep the ideas coming - I'll be sure to use the tray and napkin ideas!

Thanks,
Laura T.

Tricia said...

Everything you do always looks oh so pretty, Tracey. Congratulations on your Souvenir article :)

traci said...

looks so beautiful tracey. i need to step up on my holiday entertaining. bottles of bud light don't count...just kidding. so good talking to you yesterday. xo!!

Sylvia said...

It is simplicity of these vintage items together with your cteativity that make them PERFECT .I love the atmosphere that your wonderful photos create.Congratulation on your article.
Keep on creating !

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Hi Tracey,
I love your vintage images. They are so pretty!
I have those same vintage champagne glasses. They are so beautiful aren't they?!!
Hope your having a wonderful week. I can't wait to see how you decorate your home for Christmas!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Shannon said...

Loved your photos in Souvenir! So creative and of course I loved the vintage touches :)
Looking forward to your home all decorated for Christmas!

TheCrankyCrow said...

So wonderfully festive Tracey - you make me want to break out the good wine and have a party! Love the tool chest idea...so clever you are! Have fun with the tree adventure! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Daisy Pink Cupcake said...

Oh..those first drinks look fun!! I'm having a giveaway and would love to see you enter!!
Daisy~

Leah - The Inside Story said...

Absolutely beautiful christmas inspiration. We put our tree up yesterday and I was tossing up whether to get a real one this year, I soooo wanted too, but could not wait any longer. As it gets so hot here in Australia, the tree will only keep for around a week or two. Maybe next year, I will try and not be so impatient. Leahx

Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig said...

Tracey, these images are just gorgeous!
Big congrats on being published...AGAIN!

XOXO,
Anne

tara said...

Tracey you always have the prettiest photos and the best ideas incorporating all your vintage goods! so pretty! thanks for sharing your ideas as i have a party on Saturday and I all this is inspiring!! xo

WhiteWhispers2u said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WhiteWhispers2u said...

You have an amazing style!I would love for you to come to my home~Cheers Kim

Lara said...

Stunning images! I love the vibrant pink of the drink combined with the vintage toolbox & the pop of fresh green really adds. I grew up always having an artificial tree, but since we have had our kids.. we buy a fresh tree every year. It is worth it for the great scent alone. We go to the tree farm but we just picked up a $20 mini fraser fir at Whole Foods Market. My kids had fun decorating it with mini candy canes last night. Congrats on both your Artful Blogging (I enjoyed your article) feature and your colaboration with Heather! Happy holidays!
Lara

Leah C said...

Once again, WOW!! What a flair you have, Tracey...every little detail...gorgeous!

Urban Farmgirl said...

Everything is beautiful, as always Tracey! You have an amazing eye for the details!

I am getting my first 'real' tree this year, too! I can't wait to go to the tree farm and sip a hot cocoa as we ride the horse-drawn cart out to pick out the tree! It sounds like so much fun! I bet the kiddos are going to love it!

Mary

Heaven's Walk said...

So very beautiful, Tracey. I love seeing little sprigs of Rosemary tucked here and there. :) Just got my Artful Blogging mag in the mail (eBay win!) and I'm looking forward to reading your article! Congrats on that, sweetie! :)

xoxo laurie

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Love your use of vintage treasures at Christmas and throughout the year.
It is so much fun to re purpose those lovely old things in surprising ways. Have fun this holiday season!
...and congrats! You deserve it! :)

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Tracey,

Congrats on being in Heather's Souvenier! I just had to grin when I got my in my email.

Just love how you think about each little detail. Wishing you a joyous Christmas season. Can't wait to see your house in the holiday house virtual tour!

Fienna said...

Lovely Blog!!!! Greetings from Germany, Stephanie

Lisa said...

So inspiring, I love the metal basket in the last photo!!!
always a treat here.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

So many beautiful images. I would love to show them on my blog. Love the images of your home.

Carol Ann said...

I just went on a little shopping spree in your shop and appreciate all the sale items! I love your blog and look forward to telling my family where I found such great gifts!

Candylei said...

Everything looks perfect at your house!

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Tracey, you are such an inspiration! I have a question for you...but I will send it via email. Love these pics - so talented! :)


XOXO's,
Jessie

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Oh, WOW, I was charmed at the pomegranate seeds in the seeds...but you learn you got published: awesome!

Having a giveaway - stop over!

Happy Holidays,

Sandy

Lili said...

Congrats on your feature Tracey! Everything is just so fresh and stunning to look at. I'm just crazy for how you use these natural items and vintage elements together. xoxo ~Lili