Thursday, February 16, 2012

Switcheroo Number Two



Hello my decorating friends!

A few months ago my good friend Jen casually asked me if I'd ever considered switching my family room and dining room...

Hmmm...

No I told her, but of course the seed was planted and the damage done!  You just can't make a statement like that to a self professed changeaholic...once she mentioned the switcheroo, I couldn't get it out of my head :)  

So, here we are in my new dining room {which used to be the family room}...




{BTW, the first switcheroo happened a couple of years ago when I switched my living room and dining room and decided to forgo the living room so that I could have a studio}

I went a little snap happy with my camera, so I best get started showing you around...



I love how my grandparent's table and chairs look in here with the painted floor!  It is such a cherished family heirloom and I feel blessed to have it.











{I dug this mirror out of storage...it was a flea market find from over a year ago}




I was thrilled at how nicely the pallet table my husband made me last year looked in here!



we added some vintage hooks to the side so that I could hang a few things...




Except for the fresh flowers, everything in this room is stuff that I already had, just shuffled around a bit...it's amazing how fresh changing a few rooms around can make your home feel!






Who knows, maybe in 6 months I will change the rooms back, but for now I am loving this new switch! :))

I want to freshen up the mantel in this room as well, so I will have to save the pictures from that corner of the room for another post when I have that finished.  And, I am still working on some finishing touches in the new family room...

Thank you for visiting!  



:) Tracey