Thursday, April 26, 2012

lily of the valley


I'm sorry I've been so absent lately, but things are a little hectic over here, with recently getting back from Savannah and now preparing to leave next weekend for Belgium and my posting will probably be a little sporadic for the first part of May.

I did want to share a few photos of the lily of the valley I picked recently from my garden.  I love, love, love this sweet little flower... large part, because it reminds me of my childhood, as we always had a lot of lily of the valley at our house and my parents still grow it in their garden.  

When we first moved in our current home, my mom gave me some starter plants from her garden and I now have a nice patch of it on the shady side of the house.

I filled the little vintage jars on my daughter Caighton's dresser with some lily of the valley earlier today and snapped a few pics.  There is a picture of my mom as a baby on her dresser, which seemed perfect :)

{my mom doesn't have a blog, but she does have a beautiful page on Pinterest...I know she would love for you to check it out! ~ you can find her *HERE*}

The photo below is still one of my favorites...lily of the valley was in bloom {at my parent's house} when my oldest daughter, Halena, was making her first communion a few years ago and it seemed the perfect flower to use for her photos!

Have a lovely weekend!!!