Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Frenchman's Wife ~ New Shop


Hello!

As promised, I am back with a few photos of Lisa's wonderful new shop...

THE FRENCHMAN'S WIFE

located in La Grange, IL



I first discovered Lisa and her amazing mega-talent for display last year at the Kane County Flea Market.  I instantly loved her mix of vintage goods with a European flair.  {She always has the best vintage crates!}  Her look is warm and well loved and I just can never get enough of it!!!

You can imagine how excited I was when she told me that she would be opening up a shop?!!!




Lisa just opened up the doors of her new shop a few weeks ago, so last week I popped over there for a quick visit...and I instantly fell in love with her new shop! 


 I managed to snap a few photos while I was there...here is a peek...


I loved this vintage wing back chair covered in a beautiful linen fabric...



and this old table was a favorite of mine, as well...how cool would that be in a studio or as a kitchen island??!!




I think Lisa loves the cubes of French Savon de Marseille soap as much as I do :))












Just some of the vintage merchandise that Lisa had stocked, that I loved were...

wooden crates

European colored bottles

cutting boards

vintage textiles

and

old wooden ladders


You can shop the Frenchman's Wife at:

8 South Stone Avenue
La Grange, IL

*Please note that Lisa's hours are as follows:

Tuesday 11 - 5
Wednesday 11 - 5
Thursday 11 - 7 pm


**You can also find Lisa writing the blog Provenance Market 


If you live in the Chicagoland area, I hope you get a chance to stop by this fabulous shop!!  One of the joys of shopping there is to have a chance to chat with Lisa, so be sure and stop and say hi!

Have a great weekend ~

Tracey



p.s.  My good friend, Jeanne, is relaunching her very successful Creatively Made E-course...Rediscovering the Beauty of Your Gifts, starting Monday, June 18th!  If you missed the chance to participate in January, registration is now open.  

Here is a quick video about the E-course...



30 comments:

Gracie's Cottage said...

I love Lisa's style and haven't been able to visit her shop yet - thanks for the peek!

Jan

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I would Love to stroll through her shop with my basket FULL! Love her style too.
Thank you for introducing us to her.
Hugs,
Donna

time worn interiors said...

Great shop! Thanks for sharing! I also love her style!
tot

Kris Vogelsang said...

Thanks for showing us the shop....love love love....
Kris of Cricket Acres Studio

helen tilston said...

I love the casual yet elegance of her store

Thanks for sharing

Helen

The Cranky Queen said...

In love with her shop? How many hrs do you think it would take to drive from AL???? Love everything you pictured. Thanx for sharing. Tiffany

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

What a pretty shop! Wish I lived near there. Such pretty treasures.

~Shanon

The Little Red Shop said...

Ooooh!!

: )

Julie M.

Rowan said...

That looks an interesting shop, I love the wing chair and the coloured glass bottles.

SreeBindu said...

love the name of the shop :)
xoxo

Henhurst Interiors said...

Looks like a great shop, I would love to visit!

DREAMS ON 34th STREET ~ French Bread & Family said...

Beautiful Tracey!
I unpacked my parcel from you this morning! I love everything! You were so very perceptive to include the lemon pepper! It's perfect for our Summer favorites of Salmon and Asparagus!
So blessed to be your blog friend and customer!
~Lynne
w/L.

PURA VIDA said...

oh I do love it all!

vicki archer said...

Lisa has fabulous style... I love so many of the goodies you have featured... xv

Jenna @ Sequined Sunsets said...

Thank you for featuring The Frenchman's Wife! Hopefully next time I'm in the Chicago area I can stop by.

Have a *fancy* weekend!

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

What a lovely shop, so wish we were closer! Thanks for sharing it with your beautiful photos.

toko baju muslim murah said...

Your photos are just amazing! I am so in love with them!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

How fun and surprising to find this is close to where I live! Usually these lovely places are far, far away - thanks for letting us know about her!

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Tracey!!!

Oh thank you sooo much for sharing!!! Love all the photos! BTW, I was so bummed out because I wanted to order the JDL Summer Mag from you - but when I went to your site, it was sold out! I also had my eye on a vintage item of yours...but when I went back to purchase it on your site...that too was gone!! :( You always have the most LOVELY things...I will have to be more diligent about purchasing them earlier next time! :) Wishing you a most lovely Father's Day with your family!


Hugs,
Jessie

Burlap Luxe said...

Just beautiful, everything rhymes in perfect poetry.

I am doing a giveaway please visit.

A soulful gifting.
xx
Perfect day to you.
xx
Dore

Barbara said...

Lovely shop, Tracey. Thanks for introducing us!

Anonymous said...

Nice shop. Curious about the pricing on the large green demijohn in the first photo... (?)

Barbara Mugnai said...

The hand made soap are amazing!
Great pic!
Warm hug from Italy
Mug

Sandi said...

This looks like an amazing shop and you sure captured it well in photos! Thanks for taking us along.
Blessings~

Lissa (Bellenza) said...

I can see why you love this shop! Fabulous items!

Tereza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tereza said...

you have such a beautiful blog, and amazing style!
can't wait to see more,
hugs tereza

Heidi said...

Love Lisa's style and was so excited to see her shop go in just minutes from my house!
:)Heidi

Jody and Stan said...

What beautiful things. Wish I lived closer. I love your green French bottle.


Jody

Katie Francisco said...

Oh that Chair! I love it too! It's so perfect!