Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Provence By Car



Hello!  I hope you all are having a wonderful week!!

I have started sorting through all of my photos from our trip to France and so I wanted to start sharing some of them with you.

We rented a little manual transmission Peugeot to drive around Provence.  I do not know how to drive "stick shift," and my husband had not driven a manual transmission car since he was in high school!  Needless to say, it was a bit of an experience, but we managed {mostly} :)




The roads in France are all very narrow...my husband liked to joke that they were more like bicycle paths than roads!  Everyone drives quite fast and the roads are all curvy and winding...and, honestly, quite treacherous!!  I risked life and limb to hunt down the best brocante items for all of you :))




With all of the driving around Provence that we did, I was always hanging out the window taking photos or asking Steve to stop so that I could jump out and snap a quick picture.  So, today's post features some of the pictures I took while we drove about the Provencal countryside...










{I loved the olive groves in Saint-Remy-de-Provence}




Lavender season was long over by the time we made it to Provence, but when I spotted this beautiful field awash in a lavender hue, I had to jump out of the car and check it out!

I'm not quite sure what flower this even is, maybe statice?  It was very pretty though!






And, home base for us while we were in Provence, was at this beautiful, vintage stone farmhouse...

we loved our stay at Mas Du Petit Grava!




Breakfast was served outside and we also loved that spot under the tree for a glass {or two} of wine at night!  We enjoyed incredible weather while in Provence...mid-80's during the afternoon, but it always cooled off nicely by dinnertime and if was cool and quite comfortable in the mornings.

I will be back with more photos from our trip, but in the meantime, I'd love for you to join me on Facebook, as I do seem to be a bit quicker at posting pics over there :)



Enjoy the rest of your night!!

Tracey










25 comments:

martinealison said...

Je suis heureuse de vous retrouver. Je rentre après quelques semaines d'absence...
Quel bonheur d'admirer aujourd'hui sur votre blog quelques photos de ma Provence où vous avez séjourné.
Magnifique reportage. J'ai hâte de voir la suite.
Gros bisous

{oc cottage} said...

oooooohhhing and awwwwwwing {while drooling;} thankx so much for the personal tour!!!

m ^..^

Meg said...

I think the flowers are statice!

Junkchiccottage said...

Ohhhh what a beautiful trip. Love all the pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Kris

michele said...

yummmmm. thanks for sharing where you stayed. filing this away for future reference. and do let me know if you plan to host a tour!

michele

Abramyan Avenue said...

what absolutely beautiful photos!! the colors of Provence are just amazing!
-april

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Wow Tracey...I would love a trip such as this...love the photos.

Geli said...

Hello Tracey! Your photos are a dream! I wish to be there.....

Annalisa Cecilia said...

bellissime foto, bellissimo viaggio, meravigliosa Provenza!(è uno dei miei luoghi preferiti!)
saluti
Annalisa

Foxtail Lilly said...

Looks wonderful. I dream of having a house with shutters! xxx

Lost in Provence said...

Tracey, I am so bummed that you were here in Arles (I recognized from the photo right away) and based so close by! At the very least I would have whipped up a list of recommendations. Hope that you had a fantastic time in my neck of the woods and will look forward to discovering it through your eyes...

With all my Best from Arles,
Heather

Rachel Brierley-Jones said...

A lovely post and images... a beautiful chance to drift away for a brief moment!

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

Saint-Remy is our favorite village in Provence and we always stay there. A Peugeot, we had one also, was perfect for zipping around the mountain roads there and it hardly uses any petro at all.
Sam

Maison Beldecor said...

Hi dear Tracey,
the picture are sooo beautiful, it looks like it would have been a perfect holiday
XXX and greetings from Germany
Bine

Debbie said...

Lovely I so want to go!!
Thanks for sharing !!
deb
xoxo

Tricia said...

Oh mercy me, it looks so wonderful there! What a great trip that must have been. xo

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Oh So Dreamy! I hope to visit one of these days~Chow Kim

Lorrie Orr said...

J'adore Provence! Gorgeous colours and textures combined in that indefinable French way. Beautiful photos.

ALEXandra said...

Lovely !!!

Alex :)

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, how wonderful and charming everything is...it all really is just so French! Why is it that everything French is so naturally cool without even trying!

Cindy

Lana @whatsthestorymorninglory said...

I dream of travelling to France someday. Your pictures are beautiful.

Rebecca said...

Hello!
Your images are breath taking... such a lovely trip.
Blessings
Rebecca

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh Tracey - I've been waiting patiently for you to start to post your photos of your trip. How beautiful! I was surprised to see palm trees over there. Never imagined them there for some reason. lol! But there is nothing like the French countryside. And the farmhouse you stayed in is absolutely gorgeous! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your vacation, you lucky girl! :)

xoxo laurie

gutscheine zum ausdrucken said...

very good comment

Una said...

I like a lot the lighting. Great captures!

... and your blog. :-)