Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A little fall decorating



Good morning!

Just a few images from the fall decorating I did over the weekend!  I have been so busy with the shop and the e-course, that I haven't had as much time to mix it up and change it up around the house as I'd like :)  ...but I did manage to squeeze just a little in over the weekend.

I used what I had, as well as, a new metal basket and fresh bittersweet I picked up from the flea market on Saturday {thank you Diane!}...and I used a lot of the new items from the shop, as they are just too pretty to stick in my storage closet :)



I absolutely love using zinc and galvanized metal here and there in my decorating, so I was beyond thrilled to find so many zinc pieces for the shop on my last trip to France.  The zinc letter stencils are so wonderful...the bunch I bought happened to have a few stencils tucked in with the grouping that didn't quite match the rest...so I kept them for myself :))  I just like displaying them tucked into my vignettes, and any letter will do.  I guess I'm just a letters and numbers fan!






I have added a few French burlap grain sacks to the shop, and I will be adding a few more in the next day or so...





I do not use much orange in my decorating, but I do love the red/orange of fresh bittersweet for a nice fall touch...and having this big basket of it on the dining room table is perfect...





I will be adding more new items from the French brocantes all week!  


Happy Fall!

Tracey












29 comments:

Alice said...

Your fall vignette is beautiful! I love the pops of red and orange in there.

Your bittersweet brings back memories from my childhood. My mom loved decorating with it in the fall and so our little family would take a Sunday drive to find bittersweet along the road. Nowdays it is difficult to find here, even in shops.

I love the numbered towels too!

Maison Beldecor said...

Hello dear Tracey,
the fall decoration s really gorgeous, I also don't like orange very much, but for decoration in Fall it set a cosy and warm accent
Warm Hugs
Bine

All Seasons said...

Hello Tracey,

So nice your Fall decoration, like the warm colours. I love this great time of the year!

Have a nice week, enjoy
Hugs,
Patricia

Junkchiccottage said...

I love your fall vignette. So beautiful with the pops of fall colors with the neutrals. Just gorgeous.
Kris

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great job, Tracey! I love how you've incorporated pieces with orange in them throughout this vignette. Love the simplicity of tying a leaf onto a creamer.

Dawn said...

Everything is just perfect. So love your style!!

House Things said...

It all looks so good! But because I'm such a soap freak my favorite is the galvanized bucket filled with french soap.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

So pretty Tracey!
Love that last photo especially with the French bottles and bittersweet!
:)

Anne said...

Tracy you fall decor looks so pretty,inviting and warm! Have a great day!
xx
Anne

Alabaster Rose Lifestyle said...

Hi Tracey,
Everything looks so pretty! Where do you find your fresh bittersweet? It really makes fall decorating so lovely!
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Enzie Shahmiri said...

I like your fall decor. It is subtle and very pretty!

GardenGirl said...

love love love it : )

Pieced Pastimes said...

We have a love for many of the same things - metals, typography, vintage grain sacks - just everything! Your fall display is wonderful. Happy Fall!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Simply Falltabulous! Love the pops of color for sure.Off to check out the shop~Cheers Kim

Leah C said...

So very lovely!! Wishing you a wonderful autumn season, Tracey:)

Geli said...

Hello Tracey! Your decoration is sooooo beautiful! I love it! Have a wonderful autumn!

Yelle said...

Super cute fall decorating! I love how you incorporated mugs as vases, as well as tied a leaf to a beautiful white pitcher!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love your use of the bittersweet, Tracey...it's the perfect amount of color!

XO,
Jane

Heaven's Walk said...

Complete gorgeousness, Tracey! Your vignettes always leave me so inspired. :) Wouldn't it be wonderful if bittersweet came in pink....? lol!

xoxo laurie

All Things Chic 2 said...

That's what I call putting together a great vignette...
Fall Blessings Lori ~

Melinda said...

Great Fall colors--so pretty.

M :)

michele said...

i love your styling eye and lovely lovely objects!

hope you'll stop by soon.

michele

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a beautiful, beautiful post!
Pure autumn bliss!

Cynthia said...

A beautiful post, I love bittersweet. Very pretty.

Cynthia

ChiPPy!-SHaBBy! said...

Just GoRgeOuS Vignettes!*!*! ~ BeSt!!!
Jeanine Burkhardt

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Looks like autumn has come to stay... Beautiful photos!

Susan said...

Sooo lovely Tracey! I'm not a fan of orange, either, but your bittersweet and the leaves are a perfect pop of color in your serene background. The burlap sacks are amazing and I love the soap in the pail!

leonie said...

l automne etses couleurs sont superbes sur votre blog !!les photos aussi bravo
je reviendrai
leonie

marla said...

I am new to your blog today ~ I adore it and will be ordering many props from you as time goes on :)