Friday, October 26, 2012

Colored Glass and a little Autumn Crafting



Good morning!

I am a little late in getting this post up because last night I went to write and schedule my post and I wound up with a computer virus :(  It took me hours to undo it and by the time I was done I needed to step away from the computer for fear I might just lose my mind otherwise :))


I gave you a sneak peek of each of the other hosts for Creatively Made Home, but I didn't really talk about my own contribution to the e-course...so I thought I would give you a peek at one of the 10 projects I teach in the course.

These lovely colored glass bottles are a little hard to capture on camera but they are so pretty for this time of year...





I picked some lovely dried prairie flowers on my walk the other day and thought they looked pretty with the colored glass bottles








I have been wanting to do more fall decorating but I have been so busy with the shop, the kids' activities, and the e-course, but I managed to put out some candles and spruce them up a little for the season...

as the weather turns colder and the days get darker earlier, I always like to have more candles around the house...and this little candle spruce up couldn't be any easier...



just take a pressed leaf and instead of using jute twine or string to attach the leaf to the candle, use a decorative pin...just use some wire cutters and cut the pin down first...super simple and you get to see the leaf better than if you wrapped twine around it!



Have a lovely weekend ~

Tracey





17 comments:

Geli said...

Hello Jennifer! I love your blog! Very beautiful idea! Have a nice weekend! Geli

PURA VIDA said...

so pretty and your photos are just incredible!

Okio B Designs said...

Very unique and interesting!

Jeanine

Melinda said...

Pretty bottle and pretty candle.

Happy Friday.

M :)

Blondie's Journal said...

Cute ideas, Tracey! I love the simple look of the leaf on the candle, I'm definitely going to try this.

Happy fall weekend!

XO,
Jane

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

So pretty! Beautiful photos.

Storefront Glass Installation Brooklyn said...

Such a beautiful and dissonant design.. I would do anything to have a collection of them

-Irwin Zinkin
Shower Doors Nassau County

Anne said...

Beautiful candles and bottles!
xx
Anne

Mystica said...

The candle with the pin is pretty!

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Tracey,

I am just lovin' the ecourse and just listened to using architectural elements in your home. Love it!!! Can't wait for more.

Ivana said...

I'm so sorry to read about your virus issues, I hope everything's fine by now! And I simply love your projects, and can't wait to see the tutorial for those wonderful bottles! Will it be up on CMH tomorrow? I really hope so :)

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

Sandi said...

I love your candle idea Tracey! It is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.
Blessings~

Heaven's Walk said...

Those bottles are so unique and pretty, Tracey! Never have seen anything like them! And what a wonderful idea for those candles! My first thought was, "Duh. Why didn't I think of that....?" lol

Have a happy week, my friend!

xoxo laurie

Becky C said...

Beautiful bottles and a great idea! Loving the course so far...fun to see you on the videos. Feels like I know you better now :)

RSA QLD said...

What a creative mind, they are so lovely; I like those bottles and candles, so wonderful!

http://www.chennaiflowers.com said...

Flowers to Chennai delivery are free, safe and secured with www.chennaiflowers.com. We being Local Flower Shop are cheaper than other florists in Chennai. We deliver fresh Flowers, Cakes, Sweets and other gifts on door, you can order online to send flowers to Chennai

May said...

I love an idea that makes me tilt my head slightly and say, Oh! because of its simple elegance. The leaf pinned to the candle did that to me.