Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Inspired By Autumn



Good morning!

Today I have images of a simple table setting for two inspired by the beauty of a Midwest fall.

I shot these pictures about a week and a half ago, in this pretty little spot just down the street from my home...



It is one of my favorite spots to go to take photos of the kids or even product shots.

I wanted to do something simple but inspirational...to capture this lovely place and the beauty of the changing seasons at this time of year.


The vintage blue folding chairs were a great little find from the flea market earlier this summer.




I use pressed leaves for a lot of projects...

you can easily press and dry any kind of leaves by freshly picking your favorite kind and then placing them between the pages of an old book {a telephone book works really well} and then stacking a few more heavy books on top of that.  Leave them for about a week and you are all set.  This way the leaves will retain most of their color and will stay relatively flat.

Once the leaves are dried you can stamp words or names on them for a special addition to your Autumn table setting {wonderful for Thanksgiving too}!




Wishing you all a very happy day ~

Tracey



It's not too late to sign up for Creatively Made Home!

***All those who have signed up for Creatively Made Home will receive an easy entertaining e-book at the end of the course, with recipes, entertaining ideas, and table setting inspiration!!


p.s.  I am running a 3 day only special in the SHOP...all vintage French bottles are on sale!  Head to the Flea Market Finds section of the shop to check it out.  I often run weekly specials for the shop but usually only announce them on my French Larkspur Facebook page, so be sure to check there often!




39 comments:

BB said...

What a beautiful setting! Great photos.
Brenda

Liz Thomas said...

Absolutely gorgeous images.

Julia said...

Beautiful pictures and colors!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Such a pretty spot, Tracey! Love the chair and the table.

Anne said...

Beautiful photos Tracy! And the perfect spot for your photo shoots! Love that wooden chair!
xx
Anne

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous setting! Thanks for the pressed leaf idea, I'll have to try that!

Cynthia said...

Just beautiful pictures, I love the table and chairs with the bucket full of apples. That says fall.

Cynthia

White Weathered Hutch, said...

How lovely!

Susan Thomas said...

Hi Tracey,
I signed up for Creativley Made Home and haven't received a log in/password yet. There isn't a way to contact anyone thru paypal or e-mail...can you help me?

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Beautiful post and I love the leave idea...just might try for Thanksgiving.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a beautiful little fall setting. A great spot for pictures!

Donna said...

Such a gorgeous setting Tracey!

Jeanne said...

Makes me miss home!

primjillie said...

Very pretty! I won a course from Sadie Olive, so am I supposed to get some sort of a email? I know it started yesterday, but I didn't get anything. I'm so excited to see it!

Jill

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Just gorgeous... the essence of Fall....Spectacular...

WhiteWhispers2u said...

So dreamy! I just love Fall and all the fabulous colors~Cheers Kim

I am enjoying the CMH videos and getting to know each one of you.Thanks

Alabaster Rose Lifestyle said...

I'm telling you Tracey your photos are always breathtaking and they always have such an ethereal quality to them. I wish So Cal had a true fall and winter, the fall foliage where you live is stunning!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Oh, and I really enjoyed the class yesterday!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

humphreycumfycushion said...

Beautiful setting - the light and colours are incredible.

HI WORLD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blondie's Journal said...

What a special little place you have found, Tracey! Your pictures just glow in that golden light. I will have a go at pressing leaves...they are precious when they're stamped! :)

XO,
Jane

Monique said...

Hi tracey! Your pictures are wonderful.. Did you make them yourself?
Hugs
Moniqe

Tracey said...

Thank you Monique!!! Yes, I took all the photos :))

xo

T

Tereza said...

these are amazing! the scenery is so beautiful I would love to eat here!!!
Hugs

martinealison said...

Un petit coin charmant... Un véritable bonheur.
Gros bisous

Susie said...

Tracy, I love all your photos. Sweet table setting. Smiles, Susie

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

so very pretty Tracy! Your photos are always so beautiful. I am so impressed you take props down the street. It's all I can do to get a few outside my studio door. :) Hope you are having a wonderful day. ~ Lynn

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

P. S. I forgot to say what a fabulous idea to stamp the leaves....I am using that idea for sure. Thank you

janet said...

Beautiful..I love the color of the chairs and the stamped leaf..

Geli said...

This are the most beautiful autumn photos , decoration in the nature! Have a nice week! Geli

Maison Beldecor said...

oh, sooo beautiful autumn photos
Bine

חתולי8 said...

Hi, I follow your blog for a long time and LOVE it!
but now I must say: OMG!!!!
Lior :)
http://blog.tapuz.co.il/hatuli8

jewels in the garden +: ) said...

Beautiful! I don't have autumn colors here. Our weather has finally cooled down and I am enjoying flowers growing and veggies in my garden... your spring! Thank you for sharing such beautiful colors!
Julie

Alice said...

A beautiful backdrop. How lucky your are to have it so close. Your photos are always gorgeous, and these are no exception.

I love the pressed stamped leaf.

PURA VIDA said...

oh my...a perfect picnic setting!

Art and Sand said...

I would love to sit there for a spell.

RSA Online said...

It's like a dream, what a beautiful view of Midwest fall setting.

May said...

I was absorbed in the beauty of your photography when I scrolled down and saw "gather" stamped on the fall leaf. That is my word for this year! I do believe I need to stamp my own leaf as a reminder.
I really love your understated touch.