Friday, November 1, 2013

And so it begins...



Is it too early to start showing you Christmas decor??!

I know I'm already looking for Christmas inspiration for my home...so I thought maybe it was okay to start sharing Christmas ideas here on the blog :)

These photos are some of the ones that I took over the summer for Casa Chic's Christmas special magazine, Gli Speciali di Casa Chic, that will be published in Italy and France.

I like to keep my Christmas decor fairly simple and I love using as many natural elements as possible!  However, it was summer and about 90 degrees when I shot this, so I had to make do a little :))




I recycled some old ideas and threw in a few new ones for this photo shoot.  I am definitely using more red this year with all of our first floor hardwood being painted grey now...I just love red and grey together...throw in a bunch of white too and I'm a happy girl!

Yesterday, as the trick-or-treaters came to our door, I had to laugh when more than a few said, "oh there's a lot of white in there," as they peeked through our front door!  What can I say, I still love white...













{thank you mom for letting me cut these pretty berry branches from your bush, they were just the touch I was looking for!}





My rosemary did so well this year and is still going strong, so you will probably see lots of it in photos the coming weeks :)





I have been a little bit obsessed with these 4 inch paper doilies this year!  I used them here as snowflakes on my bare branches...




I added a little sparkle to the table setting as the room grew darker...






Okay, that is probably more than enough photos for now! :)

I did add some new items to the SHOP and will add a few more over the weekend, if you want to take a peek...


Bon week-end mes amis!

Tracey