Friday, November 22, 2013

French finds and Christmas Decorating



Bon vendredi!  Happy Friday!

Phew, it's been a busy, busy week!  I opened the shop back up on Tuesday and this is the first chance I've had to sit down and write a post.  Thank you so much to everyone who scooped up new French flea market treasures!!  I will have a whole new round of items available the day after Thanksgiving, for anyone who wants to shop without fighting the crowds :)  

My girls were my assistants for shooting some of the product shots.  This is how I sneak in some new photos of them without them realizing it {although my oldest, Halena, has wised up to my ways and now purposely does not smile during "product shot sessions"}.  

The weather last weekend, however, did not cooperate with us!  We kept dashing in and out of the rain, trying to squeeze a photo in, in between rain showers...




This is my sweet Caighton, not so happy about the misting rain in the air, so this was the best shot I could get of her on the adorable little Vintage French Child's Bistro Chair that I brought back from Provence.  Caighton is in love with cowboy boots {or I guess I should say cowgirl boots}, so my sister picks them up for her all the time at the thrift stores.  This red pair is way too big for her, but she clops around in them all the time anyway...she picked them out all on her own for the photo shoot, to go with the Christmas theme that the shop has right now :)  Her "skirt" is the vintage crinoline that usually hangs in her room.






These Vintage French Aqua Wine Bottles inspired me to go with a bit of a winter wonderland theme for my Christmas decor this year...I am just getting started.  Once I get through the dinner party I am hosting this weekend, I am going to really start decorating for Christmas :)  I know it's a tad early, but I love this time of year and how festive it is and I am just so excited to start preparing for this beautiful season!




There was no sun out when I took this next photo {lots of dreary days lately}, so it is not the best, but I've included it anyway, to give you a peek at the start of my Christmas decorating.  I used the Vintage French Hand Dyed Wool Yarn from my shop to hang the large snowflakes that I bought from Traci's fabulous shop in Morris, IL, Whimsy {check out photos of her gorgeous new shop on her blog}.





Wishing you all a lovely weekend!!!

There are still lots of beautiful French flea market finds in the shop, if you want to pop over!


Tracey




p.s  there is still time to order the Christmas issue of Jeanne d' Arc Living Magazine!


{photo courtesy of Jeanne d' Arc Living}




21 comments:

Art and Sand said...

beautiful photography . . . lovely subject matter

I LOVE the color of that little bistro chair.

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Gorgeous in every way.

Your daughters are lovely too. I bet when she smiles she is a shining star!

Melinda Reyes Lifestyle said...

Looks lovely as always Tracey!! And how sweet is your little Caighton!! My little one was the same, he loved cowboy boots and would clomp around in his older brother's boots all of the time. He wouldn't go anywhere without wearing them. I tried to buy him some new ones, but he still prefers the old ones.
I hope you have a lovely and joyous Thanksgiving Holiday!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

kerrie of sea cottage said...

Your daughter is so beautiful in her sheer white skirt! My daughters were into cowboy boots at that age too. Gracie had snakeskin ones while Holly had black Justin's. I look forward to getting my vintage french books! Happy Thanksgiving. xo

Burlap Luxe said...

Oh, Tracie what sweet little super models they are to help out with our shop shoot in product modeling.
That sweet little one reminds me of mine when she was about her age layers of what ever she could slip over her jeans and cowboy boots were a sure thing, she wouldn't trade them in for a farmhouse in Texas lol!
In fact last year I created a post around her teen age red cowboy boots.

Love your photos, love the languages of your French inspired shop pieces they are authentic and inspiring.

See you an your holiday beauty soon.
Let your girls know the shoot would have been a flop without there beauty in it.

Bisous
Xx

Doré

Burlap Luxe said...

I meant to write.... YOUR shop SHOOT, not our shop shoot?

Xoxo
Doré

Marikki said...

So sweet is your girl:)
Very BEAUTIFUL photos!!♥

Many warmy hugs,
Marikki

Pura Vida said...

such simple elegance...wow!

Kelly said...

Those berries...swoon! and I love the hanging snowflakes. beautiful and dreamy post.

Gail Thayer said...

Lovely, lovely! I'm starting to get excited to decorate for Christmas as well, but will wait until Thanksgiving is good and over. We LOVE Thanksgiving.....off to check out your goods.

Leslie said...

Hi Traci,

Love your style and these photos are gorgeous. That last table setting is so pretty.

I recently ordered some of your lavender soap and it's wonderful!
xxL

Cynthia said...

Great finds and beautiful pictures. Your daughter sure is a beauty.

Cynthia

ebe said...

What are the beautiful red berries? Do they last in the house?

vicki archer said...

The hanging snowflakes are gorgeous, so delicate and pretty…Lovely photos of your girls...xv

http://vickiarcher.com

The Little Red Shop said...

Hi Tracey! I hope you're having a wonderful Thanksgiving week. As always, your photos are lovely!

Julie M.

*Molly* said...

Wow, I love this style!
Lovely hugs
Molly

Lana Manis said...

Simply lovely!

her billowing heart said...

every photo is so precious!

kindest thoughts from,
http://thisisherbillowingheart.blogspot.com

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Absolute eye candy...

Yearning to experience Paris!

♥Linsey

Elizabeth. said...

lovely blog - love everything, truly... sorry that it bothers me when the silverware is not set according to custom (french, english or otherwise)

strawberries in the garden said...

bellissime foto!!complimenti