Monday, November 18, 2013

The South of France



Bonjour!  I'm sorry for my long absence, but I was in the South of France!!  If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, than you have already seen some photos from our wonderful trip, but I thought I would share a quick sample with you {I have sooo many more}.

We flew into Nice, but then drove up to Provence for the weekend and stayed at our favorite La Madone again.  It was a very pretty time of year to be in Provence, as the vineyards were all a breathtaking golden color.  I was in heaven taking photos :)

We then headed back down to the Cote d'Azur to enjoy the warmth and bright colors of that area of France that make me so happy...



{these two photos were taken in my favorite little town in the Cote d'Azur, Villefranche-sur-Mer...it was supposed to rain the afternoon we were there, but we lucked out and the rain held off until evening and the weather was balmy and warm!}



{Nice Harbor just prior to the sun setting}


We even spent an afternoon in the absolutely charming town of Dolceacqua, Italy {Italy is very close to Nice}.  I wanted to go to the town where Monet painted Le Chateau de Dolceacqua...I have lots more photos of this adorable town to share a bit later...




The crate we filled on our October trip arrived the day we left for Nice, so between that and what we bought in the South of France, I have a lot to list in the shop!!

The shop will reopen tomorrow {Tuesday} with some new Flea Market Finds from France {I will probably be listing all day!}, and then I will have a regular stream of new items for the shop in the weeks to come!

I am ready to focus on Christmas right now, so I will probably hold off on sharing more France photos until January.

Enjoy your day ~


Tracey


14 comments:

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Welcome home!! I have to say I am so sorry I HAVE to go into work tomorrow..but the moment I get home I will on this computer and in your shop!!Your photos are beautiful beyond words! xo

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Welcome home Tracey...how great to travel to France often...can't wait to see more.

Rita

Heather Robinson said...

Tracey, I just returned from our cabanon rental in Simaine and pointed out La Madone to Remi when we were driving through Apt!! Our paths nearly crossed. :)
Sooo happy that your trip was lovely and your timing is impeccable because now ALL of Provence is cold and rainy--boooo!!!!
Bisous,
Heather

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The colors are wonderful! Love your gorgeous photos!

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

So....BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Love the last pic...the reflection in the water is stunning;))I cant wait to see what you will be listing tomorrow.Any hints????

lilac and old roses said...

Wonderful photographs, the colours of the buildings are beautiful. It's very grey here today in Mid Wales!

kerrie of sea cottage said...

How lucky you are to be able to go back to France so soon! I thought your first trip was breathtaking but this area seems even more beautiful. Thank you for sharing your travels with us.

*Chic Provence* said...

Hi Tracey your photos are always so beautiful, especially of THIS area! we love Villefranche, my husband grew up there!! as far as I'm concerned there is little about France especially Provence that I don't adore... look forward to your future trips...

a bientôt!

Kit

manon 21 said...

cela me fait plaisir de voir des photos du sud de la France chez toi.

Belle journée

Manon

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère amie,

Je suis très heureuse que vous ayez pu profiter des belles couleurs automnales de notre sud français... Une région que j'affectionne particulièrement comme vous le savez déjà, je pense !

Vos photos sont sublimes. A cette époque de l'année, j'ai toujours obtenu des rendus photographiques extraordinaires lorsque je vivais à Saint-Tropez. Le soleil de la fin d'après-midi illumine les façades de couleurs multicolores.

Vos clichés me les ont rappelées... Un grand merci.
Je vous embrasse affectueusement,
Bisous

Pura Vida said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos Tracey

Rhonda said...

You've taken me away from my office! Love the French images!

I received my gorgeous pin from your shop. Oh, did that box make me happy! Love the lavender scents! xo

flowers on my table said...

Ooh the colours are so rich and sunny, just the thing for this awful cold snap we are having. Your photos are great. Good luck with Christmas planning, decorating etc. Love Linda x

Clare M said...

Glorious pictures! I've been to Paris twice but still hoping to see the South of France soon!

Clare x