Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Back from Paris and our Advent calendar



Bonjour!  I have not posted in awhile because I have been in Paris!  I was lucky enough to tag along with my husband on a business trip.  I can not even express how exciting it was for me to be able to experience Paris at Christmastime!!!  I took a lot of pictures and will hopefully have some of those ready to share with you very soon.  I am also anxious to get going on more Christmas decorating around the house.

Before we left for Paris, I made an Advent calendar for the kids.  I found the cutest little Kraft paper bags on Etsy and decided to use those for our Advent calendar...



We did a similar Advent calendar last year and it was a big hit...I filled the bags with a small treat for the kids every day and my husband and I also took turns writing the kids a note of love and encouragement, telling them how proud we were of various different things they have done.  I like to use the Christmas season to remind the kids of Jesus' love for us and that we need to speak more kindly to one another and treat each other the way He would want us to.  So the Advent calendar is a nice blend of fun for the kids and a way to remind them to remember the reason for the season!

********************

I am feeling very much in the Christmas spirit after our trip {and with all of the snow we just got!}, so I am working hard to get all of my rooms decorated in time for Christmas!  The living room is on my list to get done this week.  I added the blanket I bought from the Merci store in Paris and love how it adds a winter touch to the room...now to get some fresh greenery...



I will show you the rest when I get it done :))


********************

Here is just a peak at Paris at Christmastime.  I promise to be back soon with a lot more...




Laduree...





Tracey





16 comments:

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Wow Tracey...how wonderful it must be to visit Paris often...I love the blanket and the creativity of the Advent calendar. Welcome back and I can hardly wait to see more!

Rita

Art and Sand said...

The first photo drew an "oh, my!" from me.

I love your advent calendar.

Melinda Reyes Lifestyle said...

Heavenly my friend!! Your home always inspires me!! Your trip to Paris sounds like it was a dream! So glad you had a wonderful time!
Have a lovely day!
Sincerely,
Melinda

her billowing heart said...

spectacular!

Havva Peynirci said...

şahane

kerrie of sea cottage said...

Sigh...no words. Beautiful beautiful.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hey..Paris...omg you really have the travel bug my friend!!! Love the blanket,something about a dark rich grey this time of year. I had to let you know too I got my magazine today...what a nice surprise that was!!! Spent the day in Toronto yesterday with Meg and did all my Christmas shopping!! Anyway, looking forward to seeing what else you do for Christmas (if you stay home long enough that is). Talk soon,xo

back2ack123 said...

Beautiful! Where did you get those number stamps?

Pam said...

just beautiful!! so wonderful seeing you xoxo

vicki archer said...

Such a great idea to make your own advent calendar, it's fab!…xv

http://vickiarcher.com

Rhonda said...

So very dreamy, Tracey. I saw your trip on Instagram, it fed my little French heart daily!!

I am off to check your shop, for I "need" more of your lavender soaps!! xoRhonda

Mary Ann at classic•casual•home said...

Oh I miss Paris...thanks for the beautiful photos.

Laura Madalene said...

I really happy to see the post and my mind is fresh to see the post. It's really beautiful design and the decorating ideas is fantastic. Home Decor Ideas

beetemps said...

thank you for doing the work to post the photos for a second time, sound like something that would happen to me and my teenagers would say, "oh mom", Debra

Kay Amhaus said...

Gorgeous pix! Just discovered your blog - and right after my own return from Paris at Christmas! My 2nd time tagging along with my husband on a business trip.

Maria at inredningsvis said...

It all looks AMAZING :) I hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday.

Check out my new post...Cute Swedish Curtain inspiration :)

Have a fab day.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - Swedish decor, food, and fashion