Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Hydrangeas



Can you believe I'm blogging two days in a row?!  I'm on a roll!! 

For those of you subscribe by email followers, I realize that the post that went out this morning showed my new post, along with an old one, as well.  Not sure what happened there!  Rather strange but I just write the blog post and then it automatically goes out via email...I don't get to preview a copy of it first.  Hopefully that won't happen again!




One of my favorite flowers to style with are hydrangeas.  I am always sad to see the hydrangea season end.  Currently, my limelight hydrangeas are a beautiful lime green color and I am looking forward to them turning shades of cream and pink, as they fade.  I do miss these beautiful pink and purple ones though...




This sweet cafe au lait bowl {below} is currently available in the online shop...






At this time of year, I am grateful for the hardworking verbena bonariensis in my garden.  It self-sows like crazy and I have to ruthlessly pull up a bunch of the seedlings in early summer, but the reward is lots of airy purple color in the garden, at a time when most plants are starting to look a little frazzled...





Tracey